27 August 2016

A link for all moms-to-be

Don't be too obsessed with only giving your newborn breast milk. Just make sure they are fed.

Please read on:

https://fedisbest.org/2015/04/letter-to-doctors-and-parents-about-the-dangers-of-insufficient-exclusive-breastfeeding/

My story:
For both my girls, they were fed formula milk until my supply was well established. It took me around 5 to 6 weeks of sweat and tears and fighting through the nights as the baby latched on and on for hours on ends. It's something that's just mere memory for me now but I know it was a great struggle for a new mom. It was a tremendously stressful struggle for me. My big girl self-weaned at around 15 months old while I'm still nursing my baby girl at night now, at 16 months old. I'm looking forward to total freedom once she's weaning off but I know when that happens, I'll be missing all the time bonding with my girl through the nursing which only a lactating mom gets to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment